[sf-lug] [new-sfwow] (jobs) This is interesting....

vincent polite vpolitewebsiteguy at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 12 10:00:57 PDT 2006

Hi Kimberly,
  I'm still a newbie at OpenSource, but I know some people who are quite  adept at this growing area in the techie field. I'd be willing to be a  go-between for anyone who wants to understand it better, including me,.  I for one get kind of ovewhelmed by it all. Trying to figure out what  is the best direction to follow. I don't think I'm a big time geek.

Kimberly Kradel <kimba at artist-at-large.com> wrote:
  This quote is definitely true from my perspective:

  "Job security is not about being the best at what  you do but about one's ability to adapt to a volatile industry and  reinvent oneself," Laushman says. "Open source is becoming more  ubiquitous, and if you want to increase your chances of stable work in  the technology field long term, acquiring skills in open source is a  must."

  On 4/12/06, vincent polite <vpolitewebsiteguy at yahoo.com> wrote:    I thought this was an interesting little article from monster.com. What do you guys think?
  http://technology.monster.com/articles/opensource/?WT.mc_n=MNL000118

--
Kimberly Kradel

www.artist-at-large.com
kimba.artist-at-large.com   (photography)
www.kimba.com (artwork)
kimba at artist-at-large.com
VoIP: SkypeFree: kradel  [or] 415.578.3317
Check out the new line of   Notecards in the MarketPlace!