[sf-lug] screen capture

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Mar 30 20:49:03 PST 2006

Quoting Alex Kleider (a_kleider at yahoo.com):

> Kevin: thanks for your prompt response. I'll check it out;
> Actually, I discovered I can highlight the terminal and copy the
> highlighted part and then paste it into kwrite which seems to be very
> similar to Windows' Notepad.

If you want to log _extended_ terminal activity, don't overlook the
/usr/bin/script utility, which opens a new subshell, all of whose screen
output gets logged from that point forward to an ASCII file, default
name "typescript".  When you're done, typing Ctrl-D or "exit" closes the
subshell (and thus terminates logging).

--
Cheers,                   I have yet to see any problem, however complicated,
Rick Moen                 which, when you looked at it in the right way, did