[sf-lug] javacat flyer app?

jim stockford jim at well.com
Mon Mar 6 11:23:32 PST 2006

    That is a terrific, easy-to-read, demystifying
  article:
> http://www.desktoplinux.com/articles/AT6362808891.html

    In the pro graphics world, PhotoShop is and
looks to remain king, according to this article.
    As to photoshop being a platform, the meaning
for users seems to be "more plug-ins".

    I think the writer did not entirely consider the
possibilities of Open Source Software (OSS);
there may come a tipping point where forces
impel coders to push Gimp capabilities fast,
and in that case, Gimp development may be
a great deal more rapid than that for proprietary
PhotoShop...well, so says I.