[sf-lug] Fwd: A quick note about Java Cat

Sameer Verma sverma at sfsu.edu
Mon Mar 6 10:25:45 PST 2006

jim stockford wrote:

> I think I love it! (nicely said, by the way.)
> I believe I can bring a machine to SF State (or
> some other venue, but not the Javacat, of course),
> so's to allow breaking and rebuilding it thoroughly
> in the name of science.

We could arrange for space and possibly a few machines, but usually SFSU
space availability is tight, so it will need some planning.
Additionally, if SF-LUG makes this event "co-organized" with a student
association, then it becomes a lot easier to get rooms, computers, etc.
for  such events.

> As to the Gimp, I didn't know that had a page-
> layout capability (text editing, wrapping, etc).

For page layout etc., scribus is a lot better. http://www.scribus.org.uk/

Sameer

--
Dr. Sameer Verma, Ph.D.