[sf-lug] how to detect the first Sunday in PHP

vincent polite vpolitewebsiteguy at yahoo.com
Sun Feb 12 19:47:36 PST 2006

Hi Sameer,
Your idea of using Drupal is good. What we are looking for, is a simple script, that will automatically update with the date and time of the meetings, without someone continually edting the page. It is hard to make a commitment to have someone always do that. Life happens. We would like to update the site with the latest news in the Linux/OpenSource world. Eventually add member's resumes and community events.  Any suggestions?

Vince

Sameer Verma <sverma at sfsu.edu> wrote: jim stockford wrote:

>    Vince and I are working on updating the sf-lug web
> site. We've agreed to use apache and php, with
> ambitions to integrate with some kind of database....

[snipped]

Hi Jim,
Considering all the different functions you'd like to build into the
SFLUG site eventually, you could use a CMS such as Drupal. We've been
using Drupal for some time now, and find it quite useful. Events get
posted on a site calendar automatically. For example, see
http://is.sfsu.edu/event/2005/11/12/month/all/all/1 We post the event as
a page (called an event node in Drupal terms) and it shows up on the
calendar. It can even be imported via iCal into a layered calendar
application such as Mozilla Sunbird.

Of course, if the purpose is to build something from scratch, I can
appreciate the effort.

cheers,
Sameer

--