[friday-follies] Anyone up for a Proposition Party?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Nov 3 21:03:13 PDT 2016

This is not a complaint, merely informational.  Michael had these
addresses:

To: Deirdre Saoirse Moen <deirdre at deirdre.net>
Cc: James Konijn <jkonijn at gmail.com>,
        Sally Robinson <sallyerobinson at gmail.com>, linda at laubenheimer.net,
        Sarah Hersha <datawolf at asteris.org>,
        Friday Follies <friday-follies at linuxmafia.com>,
        Lynn Gold <figmo8 at comcast.net>,
        "Albert C. Baker III" <chiendarrendor at gmail.com>,
        Chris Castro <cbcastro at gmail.com>

That appears to be nine recipients.  GNU Mailman intercepted the
attempted posting and held in a suspended-messages queue for listadmin
review on grounds of 'too many recipients', which is an antispam
measure.  Oddly enough, the Friday Follies mailing list is set to permit
up to _ten_ recipients per message without holding postings for review,
so I'm unclear on why this particular message was held.  However, be
advised that a very long CC or To roster can and will cause your
messages to be delayed or discarded.  Consider using Bcc, instead.

(I just now noticed and approved the held message.)