[friday-follies] Anyone up for a Proposition Party?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sat Oct 29 09:36:37 PDT 2016

As a possible point of interest, a fortnight ago while Deirdre and I
were cooling our heels in Nice waiting to see if our Med. cruise would be
cancelled (which it was), Deirdre researched the exact language in
Prop. 56 concerning e-cigarettes.  I then modified
http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/election-2016-11-08.html#prop56 to further
clarify that point.  In a nutshell:

o  State excise tax (a wholesale-level tax) on 'other tobacco products'
   would be extended to e-cigarettes that contain nicotine or liquid
   with nicotine (known as e-liquid).  Thus, there is no excise tax on
   such vaping products that are _not_ bundled with nicotine, and, e.g.,
   you could continue to vape herbal mixtures all the livelong day, without
   paying The Man.

o  Nothwithstanding the above, _even_ e-cigarettes bundled with nicotine
   would remain untaxed if FDA-approved as a quitting-smoking (or other
   therapeutic) product, and marketed/sold solely as such.

Anyway, Michael:  Want to do Sweet Tomatoes in Sunnyvale, tomorrow,
then?  I'm up for it.  Be aware that Deirdre and I will be on about Day
6 of a headcold (which I believe is a Serbian headcold that we lovingly
imported from Belgrade).

My wild-assed unscientific guess is that rhinoviruses are non-contagious
after six days, but set your personal level of Howard Hughes paranoia to
suit.

Online sources suggest:  Most contagious for first 2 to 3 days of
symtoms, then contagious to a greatly lower levels out to 5-7 days.
Some symptoms, notably a cough, often outlasts the virus significantly.
Incubation period before symptoms is about a day.  But basically
virus-shedding trails off steeply two/three days after symptoms begin.