[dvlug] dvlug.org Registry Expiry Date: 2022-04-05T18:33:21Z

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sun Apr 3 11:58:06 PDT 2022

> Grant,
> Yes, confirmed you may want to note and act promptly.

Please do.  Trying to do "recovery" of expiring domains can often be a
pain, albeit _typically_ (depending on the registrar) minimally painful
for the initial 30 days after expiration.

> And, egad, some registrars that have "autorenew" are
> annoying about it in funky/hazardous ways ... like
> GoDaddy - which actually applies such autorenew renewal
> slightly after actual expiration ... always makes me
> very nervous to watch that

One of my rules for living is:  Never rely on autorenew.  Therefore, I
keep any domain deemed worth keeping out multiple years from their
expiration dates.