Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sat Apr 2 18:50:20 PDT 2022

from the dvlug at linuxmafia.com list's membership roster, because your
attempt to use that domain's setup at Dreamhost as an SMTP reflector to
redeliver all mail to Gmail was causing rejects at GMail on grounds of
SMTP forgery (DMARC/SPF failure).

so fortunately you won't miss any postings, as you also have two other
subscriptions (plus your grantbow at fedoraproject.org subscription that is
likewise set NOMAIL).  What has been getting rejected as forged were
administrative notices such as your monthly password reminders.

The effect of all of those bounces is to impair my _own_ server's IP
reputation, as it gets dinged as an SMTP forgery site.  Therefore, I
have to act to curtail it.

I've advised you, before, that your ongoing use of @partimus.org
addresses as simple mail reflectors doesn't work any more, given modern
antiforgery schemes used in the modern SMTP world.  Once again, I
repeat:  You really ought to stop doing it.  It's likely to cause you to
be increasingly unreachable at the GMail end-receiving point, on grounds
of DMARC/SPF failure.

It goes without saying that you're welcome on this or any of the other
mailing lists I host.  I'm merely removing one of your NOMAIL
subscriptions that, as you can see below, doesn't work because of
forgery detection.

On a separate note, don't forget that dvlug.org renewal is coming up
on April 5th (Tuesday).

----- Forwarded message from Mail Delivery System <MAILER-DAEMON at pdx1-sub0-mail-mx212.dreamhost.com> -----