[dvlug] dvlug.org reboot

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Nov 15 01:46:01 PST 2021

> Uhm, ... for some definitions of finalized and move?

DVLUG has succumbed and later been revived several times, and, among the
latter reincarnations, this is not the first time Grant has suddenly
announced that, This Time For Sure, DVLUG will absolutely totally move
its own mailing list -- that turns out, on cursory examination, to be
_not_ its own mailing list but yet another outsourcing thing.  Then,
later, that collapses and everyhing gets lost; lather, rinse, repeat.

Meanwhile, I keep this, the original and ongoing DVLUG mailing list,
available and alive so that the _next_ outsourcing collapse will be
survivable, and so that it's possible to reassemble the group as long as
there remains interest.

> I know there's been fair bit 'o traffic on that
> non-linuxmafia.com DVLUG list ... so, where's the backups of
> all the archives of all the email ever on that list?

Yeah, it's the "what happened before this moment doesn't matter and
should be discarded" model.