[dvlug] Meeting Tonight, Friday Aug 8 at Caffe La Scala

Grant Bowman grantbow at partimus.org
Fri Aug 8 10:28:18 PDT 2014

Our scheduled meetings are still on the second and fourth Fridays. We meet
regardless of reminder emails.  Please stay tuned and relax with some
coffee and talk about Linux with your fellow cafe goers. Details with map
links are always available. http://dvlug.org If you can't make the meeting
feel free to ask questions on this email list. Apparently kind spirited
suggestions welcome.

Coworking Week 2014 ends tomorrow with International Coworking Day!

    http://coworkingweek.com

    Announcement: http://citizenspace.us/coworking/coworkingweek2014/

    For people near Antioch see: http://acowork.com

My docker presentation on Monday went well. A great group turned out.
http://meetup.com/sf-devops

Relevant announcements for the next meeting reminder would be great. I
encourage people to try IRC, the quickest and most efficient way to engage
with many open source projects. https://dvlug.org/about/joining/irc/

For those that read I had a job interview two weeks ago my search
continues. Leads for 1099 and w2 opportunities are greatly
appreciated. Perhaps we can do a podcast about docker soon.
http://docker.com is a much more efficient way to package and deploy web
applications using libvirt/LXC. There is a lot of interest in docker. The
1.0 version was released June 9th. The adoption of docker in enterprises is
stupendous. This article by @sjvn is insightful.
http://www.zdnet.com/what-is-docker-and-why-is-it-so-darn-popular-7000032269/

I look forward to seeing people this evening,

Cheers,
Grant