[dvlug] Meeting at 7PM today, Friday, Nov 9th at Caffe La Scala

Grant Bowman grantbow at ubuntu.com
Fri Nov 9 08:38:54 PST 2012

We have a new schedule, the second and fourth Friday of each month
from 7PM. Join us Friday at Caffe La Scala, 1655 N Main St in Walnut
Creek. Details with map links are always available. http://dvlug.org
If you can't make the meeting feel free to ask questions on this email
list. Apparently kind spirited suggestions welcome.

Please let us know what you think of our podcast episodes. http://dvlug.org

This week I tried out 12.10 released last month and was annoyed by what
felt to me as intrusive Amazon suggestions. I was happy to find a write up
with cited details on wikipedia.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Ubuntu_releases

For those that didn't see earlier I was elected as a leader of
http://ubuntu-california.org

http://uds.ubuntu.com took place in Copenhagen, Denmark Oct 29-Nov 1. I
watched the video online for the keynote and plenaries. I recommend them.
It is on a youtube channel called ubuntudevelopers. The keynote by Mark
Shuttleworth is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O98XoSUZAgg

Lest Fedora people feel left out, the alpha of F18 Spherical Cow is
available for download. http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/18/Schedule F17
is the stable release from May. Elections for Fedora members just closed to
choose the name of Fedora 19. It should be announced later today.
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Name_suggestions_for_Fedora_19

I am looking forward to seeing folks tonight.

Cheers,

Grant