[dvlug] dvlug.org Changes In June, 2012

Grant Bowman grantbow at dvlug.org
Sun Jun 3 17:15:12 PDT 2012

We had a great meeting Friday, discussing our strengths, weaknesses,
opportunities and threats SWOT. Bethany kindly chaired us penguins
which included Robert, Mark, Courtney, Sholeh and I. We agreed to the
following:

* move from our weekly format to second and fourth Friday. I created a
PHP script for our current website that can be modified so the next
few meetings will always be available at http://dvlug.org

* move to a 7 PM meeting time, one hour later than usual to allow
people to get there

* continue meeting at Caffe La Scala while evaluating alternatives
that provide power and wifi.

* de-emphasize the role of the email list in favor of a WordPress blog
at dvlug.org

* work in the coming weeks on promotional, activity, content and
naming ideas that we discussed

As next Friday is the second Friday of June we will meet as usual,
however we will start at 7 PM -- NOT 6 PM.

I hope with an accumulated strong base of experience to grow from and
new energy we can increase our Linux educational and social efforts in
new ways.

Cheers,

Grant Bowman