[dvlug] apache problem - var/www/html is ignored.

Grant Bowman grantbow at gmail.com
Tue May 3 02:03:26 PDT 2011

Hello Danny,

I don't have any hands on experience with your specific setup. Do any
of these hits seem useful? In reading through them it seems how you
access /var/www/html when testing can make a big difference.

http://www.google.com/search?q=apache+ignores+%2Fvar%2Fwww%2Fhtml

This story is a good reminder to make backups of all config files just
before you make changes and/or before installing dependencies. I often
move the originals to a .orig file name to save the date/time stamp of
the original files then make a copy to work with. I can modify without
worrying as a quick diff -u will show all my modifications.

Cheers,

Grant