[dvlug] Meetings over holiday season

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Dec 18 11:48:30 PST 2009

Quoting Robert Wall (robertlikesturtles at gmail.com):

> It just came to my attention that the next two Fridays after this week
> are December 25th and January 1st. For some reason, I think that might
> be an issue! What are peoples' thoughts on this: should we just take a
> couple of weeks off and start up again on January 8th, or would you
> like to meet up some time before then also?
>
> I'm unfortunately not going to Walnut Creek before Friday; if someone
> happens to be in the area and could get Caffe La Scala's holiday
> hours, that would be awesome; if not, I'll get them Friday.

I just used an antique device called a 'telephone' to inquire.

Caffe La Scala will be closed during the _daytime_ on Friday, December
25th, but will open for the evening at 5 pm.  They're not sure offhand
what they'll be doing on Friday, January 1st, 2010:  They might either
be closed the entire day, or open for the evening.  (The staffer didn't
know.  The decision might have been already made, but she hasn't heard
if it has.  They might well know by this evening, when you arrive.)

Kudos to whoever alerted you to the issue.  ;->