[dvlug] LDAP Admin on Ubuntu

Michael Paric mparic at compbizsolutions.com
Sun Sep 20 14:34:12 PDT 2009

Grant mentioned using LDAP at the CAS school; what admin interface are
you using? Does it do NT-style Domain Control operations too? I
couldn't find a really good LDAP interface for Ubuntu that would do
Linux and Windows authentications which is why I used CentOS in my
thin client networks. First I used the Webmin module (http://www.fsa-blast.org/Webmin/LDAPUsersAndGroups
) but found it buggy. Configured GOsa which does much more than LDAP
but configured Linux and Windows authentication in one interface so
students and teachers would have the same roaming profile whether they
logged into a Windows workstation or a Linux thin client (https://oss.gonicus.de/labs/gosa/
). Anybody use something else?