[dvlug] the easter of svlug - april 2009

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Mar 30 18:00:26 PDT 2009

Quoting Mark K. Zanfardino (mzanfardino at gmail.com):

> I received the original announcement via linuxmafia.com mailing list.  I
> signed up for dvlug more than a year ago, then discovered it was a dead
> lug.  I'm here in Concord, CA so I'm very eager to be involved with a
> local lug.

Here's an encouraging fact about user groups that is seldom understood:
Minimum requirements for such a group to be successful are participation
of about four active members, plus a very small amount of organisational
glue.

So:  If you want a user group, be one.  ;->

Having formal meetings and lectures is very nice, but not a necessity.

I might point out that the "dvlug.org" Internet domain is available.
(Hint, hint.)