[conspire] Twitter successors

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Fri Mar 15 01:33:29 PDT 2024

paulz at ieee.org said on Wed, 13 Mar 2024 16:53:35 +0000 (UTC)

> Early on, kitchen appliances tended to have buttons labeled "clock
> set".  Not so the typical VCR.  And the manual, assuming you could
> find it, was often not well written, at least for English readers.

I was just thinking about this two nights ago while programming our new
automatic cat feeder. Push the unlock button for 3 seconds (that's
actually a good idea, given the way the cat messes with the machine),
then press the gear button, and set all 6 feeding times, each with its
amount. There were other things. It got me thinking about what a pain
state is. I once had to throw out a perfectly good radio because I lost
the manual and didn't remember what to press for how many seconds how
many times in what sequence? Everything you do depends on what you've
done before. State is fun and all, sort of like a game, but it's not
fun when all you want to do is feed your cat, listen to the radio, or
watch TV.

SteveT

Steve Litt

http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21