[conspire] upgrade-in-place to Mailman 2.1.30 and want to test Mailman3?

Fri Mar 1 02:11:10 PST 2024

Rick Moen (aka Local mailing list for the CABAL Linux user group.) wrote
on 2024-02-29 20:54:

> Longer term, I need to get off my ass and migrate away from the
> current software config.  ... perhaps Michael and I can figure out
> how to do a careful upgrade-in-place to Mailman 2.1.30, or to one
> close to that, that provides the desired DMARC mitigation option.
I'm really feeling the nudge to set up a Mailman3 instance.

Somewhere I have an email draft to one of your previous messages on this
topic, alas... "draft" still.

If I were to set up a test list or two in Mailman3, would you be
interested in checking out the features?

You could probably avoid the web interface discussed earlier and just
touch the admin pages. I'd set you up as owner / admin on something.

Maybe even test importing some list's messages from elsewhere to test
things like can one:

* create a list called test at y.z
* import a previous list from discuss at abc.def
* are the archives "lost" - cannot be imported (via Hyperkitty?),
creating a split archive of before & after the import?
* aside from the archives, is it seamless for list members?

And whatever else comes up...

I'm hosting a list or 3 on Mailman2 v2.1.19 as well, which I believe get
signed by DKIM on the way out, and plus there's a simple DMARC DNS RR.

Lemme know if you're interested in poking around under the hood of
Mailman3 or anything.

Cheers,

rb