[conspire] Gandi.net is my Jedi, now (was: Customer wants to give your firm money; support won't allow me)

Michael Paoli michael.paoli at berkeley.edu
Sat Jun 8 02:09:12 PDT 2024

Oh, and Gandi.net has a lovely API:
https://api.gandi.net/docs/reference/
And available sandbox:
https://api.gandi.net/docs/reference/#Sandbox-API
Can manage domains:
https://api.gandi.net/docs/domains/
including:
Domain Contacts:
https://api.gandi.net/docs/domains/#v5-domain-domains-domain-contacts
Domain Owner:
https://api.gandi.net/docs/domains/#v5-domain-domains-domain-contacts-owner
And both have
data_obfuscated
which can be set to false turn off WHOIS privacy for Domain Owner,
and for Domain Contacts, it's set on a per-contact basis to show (false)
or hide (true), and with likewise on each, separate option
mail_obfuscated
Just for the email portion of each individual contact.
So, can easily inspect or set all of those to one's liking
(and I believe the web interface has pretty much same capabilities)
Can even check/set/clear
Domain Automatic Renewal:
https://api.gandi.net/docs/domains/#v5-domain-domains-domain-autorenew
And,
duration integer
Default: 1
Minimum: 1
Maximum: 9
I'm guessing that's the number of years out into the future one wants it
renewed for?  But I don't see it detailed in the documentation there.
Perhaps if someone submits request to improve that on their
documentation they'll make that more clear.

They also have
DNSSEC Keys Management:
https://api.gandi.net/docs/domains/#v5-domain-domains-domain-dnskeys
Which allows one to manage DS records, with additions/replacements
via submission of the public key.
I'd like to see their API / web page have option, per domain,
to enable management via CDS and/or CDNSKEY per RFC 7344, etc.
Okay, I submitted request: