[conspire] pandoc rules ok

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Tue Jul 30 21:27:51 PDT 2024

Don Marti said on Tue, 30 Jul 2024 08:02:07 -0700

>> As an experiment, I tried just using the tufte-book documentclass on
>> the draft PunyInform chapters, and it came out well (aside from my
>> marginal images showing up in the main body section, which I can
>> probably work around):
>>
>> 	https://zork.net/punybook/beginner.pdf (754k)
>
>Looks good.

As a guy whose vision is correctable only to 20/40, I don't think it
came out well or looks good. The type is dinky. The font is very light
and heavily serifed. It's a real strain to read. I can enlarge it, but
the letters still don't contrast well, and when enlarged the whitespace
you need to scroll past is huge.

The common practice is that type meant to be read on-screen should be
sans-serif, which is much easier to read on a screen. If serif is a
must, I recommend Century Schoolbook or its tex-gyre-schola equivalent
as contrasty and easy to read for folks of all visual accuities. It
might not be as "pretty" as some of the thinner or more ornamental
typefaces, but it doesn't exclude anyone with partial sight.

It's good that you made the type black and that you had just the right
line and paragraph spacing. All you need is a larger type size and a
more readable typeface.

SteveT

Steve Litt

http://444domains.com