[conspire] AT&T and CPUC

Ron / BCLUG admin at bclug.ca
Tue Jan 23 10:15:55 PST 2024

paulz at ieee.org wrote on 2024-01-23 09:51:

> I usually use the landline at home, because cell service is especially
> on rainy days when I don't want to go out to make a call.

A mobile phone that supports WiFi calling is great for living in dead
zones of coverage.

Bonus - the phone works everywhere, not just at home.

Everywhere including overseas when connected to WiFi - local calls to &
from all the usual contacts back home. SMS works as usual.

No long distance, all from the same number everyone knows already.

With a decent plan, and a second hand phone, it can be really convenient
and affordable.