[conspire] (forw) [BALUG-Admin] So, DMARC. A week ago.

Ron / BCLUG admin at bclug.ca
Sat Feb 10 02:41:15 PST 2024

Rick Moen wrote on 2024-02-10 01:27:

>> reading some basic guides might
>> point out things I'm not doing well.
 >
> Thanks for keeping an eye out.  I feel sheepish that I've previously
> come across some, but then failed to note where for my records

I liked the DKIM guide from this site:

 > https://www.linuxbabe.com/mail-server/setting-up-dkim-and-spf

I've got DKIM set up for a multi-domain host and it wasn't too tricky.

Had an issue with DNS entries getting stored in URL-encoded format,
which turned " " to "%20" (or something).  Raised a ticket, they fixed
that, DKIM seems to be working.

Besides SPF, TLS, IPv6, and DKIM all help deliverability.

I've got DMARC, but it didn't seem as crucial, just preferred.

I've got a message partially composed from yesterday that I'm meaning to
finish, but I've got to go through several domains' RRs and check that
they've all got DKIM and DMARC properly configured.

I thought they were, and the OP post had me double check and find some
missing stuff ("thanks, Rick").

TL;DR - that link makes short work of DKIM with openDKIM.

rb