[conspire] (forw) [BALUG-Admin] So, DMARC. A week ago.

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Fri Feb 9 08:23:17 PST 2024

Quoting Ivan Sergio Borgonovo (mail at webthatworks.it):

> ‘Enshittification’ is coming for absolutely everything
> Cory Doctorow 8/2/2024
>
> https://www.ft.com/content/6fb1602d-a08b-4a8c-bac0-047b7d64aba5
>
> behind a paywall... but not the strongest...

Archive Today cached copy:  https://archive.is/1O12l

_Boy_ do I wish Cory had not chosen such a scatological term for his
writings on this subject.  That makes it difficult to promote those
writings to general audiences who don't already know and trust Cory.

However, by careful indirection, one can, as I do here:
http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/lexicon.html#doctorow

Often, I just quote "Cory Doctorow's Law of Platforms", without his
problematic name for it:

   "Here is how platforms die: first, they are good to their users; then
   they abuse their users to make things better for their business
   customers; finally, they abuse those business customers to claw back
   all the value for themselves. Then, they die."

--
Cheers,                            "When you search the Web for answers,
Rick Moen                           may they always be on YouTube."