[conspire] fine if you aren't noticing symptoms: Re: (forw) [BALUG-Admin] Weekly cron job to check on my domains' nameservers

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sat Sep 9 16:33:05 PDT 2023

Quoting Steve Litt (slitt at troubleshooters.com):

> None of my tons of friends from Hong Kong used "elide".

In context, I was referring to _British_ society in _British_ Hong Kong,
as this was in the 1960s.

I'm sure than my fellow boys and girls didn't have that in their
vocabularies, but the American, British, and other adults in my social
circle, whose company I vastly preferred over my cohort's.

And, just to say again, books.  Not just for levelling furniture.

> Now I live in Florida, and all I can say is "Y'all done be usin these
> big words ah jus dun unnerstand." Como se dice "elide" in Floridian?

Yeah, I actually got feedback from my Operations department co-workers
that I was pissing them off by using words they weren't familiar with.

Books: pissing people off since ancient days.