[conspire] fine if you aren't noticing symptoms: Re: (forw) [BALUG-Admin] Weekly cron job to check on my domains' nameservers

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sat Sep 9 15:08:06 PDT 2023

Quoting Steve Litt (slitt at troubleshooters.com):

> I grew up in Chicago and LA. My experience is that only people from the
> San Francisco area would ever use the word "elide". You guys are a
> different breed of cat. :-)

Ah, where is Rick "from"?  As it turns out, Henry Higgins-types reliably
cannot figure this out, for good reasons:  I'm an ex-airline brat who's
been to over 100 countries and lived in a bunch of them, so I'm "from"
a lot of them.

http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/faq/misc.html#accent

  Q: You have a slightly funny accent.  Where are you from?