[conspire] The disappearing scandal: Google Search

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Tue Oct 17 10:36:07 PDT 2023

On 10/17/23 07:58, BCLUG wrote:
> Rick Moen wrote on 2023-10-16 16:40:
>
>> Searching around (_not_ using Google Search, FWIW)
>
> An alternative to Google / DDG / StartPage that's only recently come to
> my attention, is Qwant (https://www.qwant.com/).
>
> It may be that I'm late to the game and that search engine is old news
> to everyone else, but I'm giving it a serious tryout and am quite pleased.

Yes, very useful. I tried a couple of Python topics, which on Google
tend to be swamped by sites that are really good at SEO and sometimes
decent at Python. So far seems a little better.

https://search.marginalia.nu/ seems to cover a lot of good blogs, and
has more of a ... personality ... but a smaller index overall.