[conspire] (OT) geopolitics

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Tue May 2 16:59:48 PDT 2023

Quoting Steve Litt (slitt at troubleshooters.com):

> Ruben, assuming you vote Republican, Rick just thoroughly put you in
> your place. Anti-Jewish talk and actions increased tremendously after
> Trump took office (as did bigotry against other minority groups).

Ruben is usually not on Conspire.  (He occasionally comes back, and
occasionally storms off.  Sometimes when he is not subscribed, it
appears that he skims some of the pipermail archives.)

(Conspire's subscriber roster is visible to any subscriber, but I don't
monitor it as listadmin/site-admin unless there is a problem.
Subscribers who wish to remain non-discoverable via the roster are free
to do so by electing the subscriber "hidden" option.)

He and I remain friends even though he keeps bad political company, and
we vote differently.  (I am strongly opposed, in the main, to picking
fights merely over choice of candidate.)

> Ruben, I've seen some of your sigs on the Vim and Qemu lists that
> indicate you have a strong opinion about immigrants, although I can't
> tell in which direction.

I teased him a bit when he strongly endorsed Trump's Muslim travel ban,
saying "Certainly, we need need to keep Middle-Eastern death cults
entirely out of the United States.  I refer, of course, to Christianity."  ;->