[conspire] Public hike: Pinnacles National Park, morning, Thu. Mar. 23, 2023

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Wed Mar 22 00:23:27 PDT 2023

Rick Moen said on Tue, 21 Mar 2023 23:28:12 -0700

>Quoting Steve Litt (slitt at troubleshooters.com):
>
>> Codger, huh? Big respect: 3 miles at an average of 3.5% grade. This
>> means there will probably be some 5% grades. And unlike on a bicycle,
>> it's often more difficult and more wear and tear to go *down* a big
>> grade than up.
>
>Here's an excellent video'ed hiking tour of first the entire east side
>(where we'll be) and then on day two the west side:
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjJY0TCMkJo

After seeing that, I'll wait 20 years until I'm 75 pounds. I'll bring a
parachute in case I fall off that narrow part of the trail. I think
I'll skip the cave thing: It reminds me of the tunnel scene in Stephen
King's The Stand. Knowing my luck, just like Larry in The Stand, I'll
drop and break my flashlight and have to feel my way through, and all
the ghosts will talk to me. Or maybe the San Andreas will throw an 8.0
and the rock piles forming the caves will fall on me. Or in the caves
I'll be attacked by rabid bats.

I'm too chicken to go, but I have to admit, it's really beautiful.

SteveT

Steve Litt