[conspire] Installing Linux on Elise Scher's Chromebook

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Sun Jul 9 16:11:09 PDT 2023

Rick Moen said on Sun, 9 Jul 2023 15:40:19 -0700

>Quoting Syeed Ali (syeedali at syeedali.com):
>
>> lol kB.  :)
>
>I was tired and inattentive, obviously.
>
>Though I _do_ date back to those days of computing, too.

My first computer had 256 **BYTES** of RAM and I think 1 KB of what
they called "the monitor" and what we today would call "the bios".
Here's a writeup on it:

https://oldcomputermuseum.com/heathkit_et6800.html

I used it to write my (in)famous Computer Guitar program:

http://troubleshooters.com/lpm/200610/computerguitar/index.htm

Warning, preceding URL is a very slow load on slow wires.

Writing that program taught me to go modular and NEVER write spaghetti
code.

SteveT

Steve Litt