[conspire] Linux kernel: ext4 data corruption in 6.1 stable tree

Michael Paoli Michael.Paoli at cal.berkeley.edu
Mon Dec 11 03:53:29 PST 2023

Linux kernel: ext4 data corruption in 6.1 stable tree

Well, that might explain a few things.
Though I think in theory the version running
and that have run on guido theoretically aren't
impacted? ... but paint me skeptical.
https://lists.debian.org/debian-announce/2023/msg00005.html
https://lore.kernel.org/stable/20231205122122.dfhhoaswsfscuhc3@quack3/

Looks like Debian now has fixed kernel in Debian 12.4 (though I don't
see that
announcement out quite yet).

Also found another corrupted file on guido root (/) filesystem:
/etc/mailcap
but that corruption seems to date back at least some moderate while.
Metadata and filesystem integrity looks okay, ... but the contents
of that file ... looks like another case of a less history file,
in this case probably that of root's.  And not finding any particular
trace of the proper /etc/mailcap file contents on the root (/)
filesystem.