[conspire] Fw: [DNG] granting authorization for Devuan developers to use Debian trademark

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Oct 26 17:32:08 PDT 2022

Silly edit error:

> Daniel Pacock is an ex-Debian developer who had his committer
> credentials revoked last November.  (I have insight into why.)
                                             ^ no

All Debian said is "behaviour which was destructive to Debian's
reputation and to the community itself", and deliberation about this was
private.

If interested, you can read Mr. Popcock's account of what he claims this
was all about on his Web site.  LWN has some outside observations:
https://lwn.net/Articles/814508/  (Note in particular reader comments
below the article.)

Open Labs has a set of links that bear on the matter, including the LWN
one.  https://openlabs.cc/en/statement-for-daniel-pocock/

The uncredited Open Labs piece speaks of "public posts [by Pacock]
...shared in a series of websites, which are misleading since they
misuse the domain name of other communities to mention here
debian.community, fsfellowship.news , wemakefedora.org which purports to
be websites of Debian, FSFE and Fedora community."

I'm guessing there was some original dispute or conflict in 2018, Pocock
thereby got feathers ruffled at Debian, he was ordered to take a break
from Debian, and then somehow everything escalated and became an
organisational issue across many groups.