[conspire] COVID-19 update Oct. 2022

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Wed Oct 19 01:37:15 PDT 2022

I haven't done an update in a long time, but will use this reply to a
friend, to make a start at it.

Also, if you read nothing else on the subject, please read this:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/other/the-next-u-s-covid-wave-is-coming-why-it-will-be-much-weirder-than-before/ar-AA12VZ6c
It's the best one-stop recap I've seen.

Some interim results showing that the bivalent booster _is_ working:
https://www.cnbc.com/2022/10/15/omicron-covid-boosters-appear-to-work-regardless-of-side-effects.html
https://www.nejm.org/doi/full/10.1056/NEJMoa2208343