[conspire] Aeroflot Leaving Miami and the Future of Russian Aviation

Deirdre Saoirse Moen deirdre at deirdre.net
Sun Mar 20 11:16:02 PDT 2022

So what's interesting is that 18 of the 515 planes were owned by BOC, aka Bank of China, who's owed about $1 billion.

More info from Mentour Pilot's crew on some of the side effects here.

https://mentourpilot.com/is-russias-law-to-seize-aircraft-helping-lessors/

On a personal note, I'm curious what the embargo will do to the supply of vintage Soviet-era germanium parts often used in (guitar) fuzz pedals. In particular, while I have a regular edition of this one, I crave the Cyrillic version:

https://reverb.com/item/42796306-spaceman-sputnik-iii-germanium-fuzz-2020-red-edition?show_sold=true

Many germanium fuzz pedals have names that give a nod to their Soviet parts origin:

https://coastsonic.com/products/zvex-effects-russian-fuzz-factory-7
https://coastsonic.com/products/wren-and-cuff-super-russian

(And the reason they're vintage is that there's no good way to make them cleanly now.)

--
  Deirdre Saoirse Moen
  deirdre at deirdre.net