[conspire] (forw) IP reputation of 96.95.217.99, pacbell.net's NDR

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Tue Mar 1 16:26:33 PST 2022

On 3/1/22 12:06, Rick Moen wrote:
> Mailing lists are inherently caught in the middle of the decades-long
> spam war.  Sometimes, even if you do everything right, some mail
> provider blacklists you for dumb or inexplicable reasons.  Seems like
> pacball.net recently did this to my linuxmafia.com server IP.
>
> I may or may not get corrective action (or explanation).

I have had similar problems with deliverability to Hotmail, Yahoo, and
Gmail, even though my server IP address has not been a spam source. If
too much spam comes from nearby addresses sometimes a range of addresses
gets blacklisted or just "bad reputation".

Latest stuff I had to do was reading these two articles and messing with
DKIM.

https://bridge.grumpy-troll.org/2020/07/small-mailserver-bcp/

https://www.linode.com/docs/guides/configure-spf-and-dkim-in-postfix-on-debian-8/