[conspire] (forw) Re: Fwd: affordable bill for you # WASDE455772

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Thu Jun 16 15:47:58 PDT 2022

Quoting Syeed Ali (syeedali at syeedali.com):

> I think this sort of mindset should be taught in school just as much as
> philosophy, civics, conflict resolution, time management, motivation,
> taxes, etc., though I'll settle for more public awareness before we
> start hearing about fake law enforcement uniforms.

Capital idea.  Security-mindedness could be part of a suite of "things
needed for real life" curriculum along with personal finance Why a Well
Debugged Checklist Is Your Best Friend.

> See also social engineering by people in a suit or wear a convincing
> uniform.

I suspect any number of corporate espionage "red teams" have gotten
success with little more than yellow safety vests, hard hats, and
clipboards.  Certainly, that has long been the dress code of preference
for (the smarter sort of) home burglars.

Deirdre, speaking of corporate espionage, is it time to watch
"Duplicity" again?

https://www.nytimes.com/2009/03/20/movies/20dupl.html
The lovely ending scene doesn't actually spoil the movie.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dl8BO_ZLdEc