[conspire] (forw) Re: Fwd: affordable bill for you # WASDE455772

Syeed Ali syeedali at syeedali.com
Thu Jun 16 14:39:54 PDT 2022

> Date: Tue, 14 Jun 2022 17:03:10 -0700
> From: Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com>
> To: [redacted]
> Subject: Re: Fwd: affordable bill for you # WASDE455772
>
> The entire purpose of this broadcast scam-mail is to troll you into
> calling the stated area code 877 telephone number.  That number
> directs to the boiler-room full of confidence artists in some distant
> country.

See also social engineering by people in a suit or wear a convincing
uniform.

I think this sort of mindset should be taught in school just as much as
philosophy, civics, conflict resolution, time management, motivation,
taxes, etc., though I'll settle for more public awareness before we
start hearing about fake law enforcement uniforms.