[conspire] (forw) Re: [kwlug-disc] have I ever told you guys that Facebook is evil?

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Thu Jun 16 11:30:45 PDT 2022

I posted this list of third-party trackers back in 2018....

   https://blog.zgp.org/quick-question-on-tracking-protection/

and just checked back with that page.  Now they have a TikTok tracking
script, too.

This is not just a privacy issue or health care discrimination issue --
probably a national security issue, too.

https://cyberdefensereview.army.mil/CDR-Content/Articles/Article-View/Article/2537110/microtargeting-as-information-warfare/

(There are a couple of interesting W3C community groups that cover this
stuff -- free to join --  but the people who show up are mostly from
surveillance marketing companies.  Would be good to have more points of
view represented.
https://www.adexchanger.com/ad-exchange-news/web-standards-orgs-call-out-for-help-as-they-and-online-ad-revenue-are-swamped-by-change/
)

There is no full self-protection from Facebook tracking, because
companies dump your info to them out of band -- but in California,
anyway, you can make them delete it if you're willing to put in the
time. (It can take a while... https://blog.zgp.org/rtk-workflow/ )