[conspire] Gmail and address/server reputation

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Sat Jan 1 12:51:14 PST 2022

I (like, I think, a lot of people on this list) run my own mail server.
It's just me and some family accounts, no lists.

One of the challenges of doing this is that sometimes one of the big
email services will decide to rate me, or my server, as a spammer.  This
has been an ongoing issue with Hotmail, and today it seems to be Gmail.

Quick request: if you have a Gmail account and might have received mail
from me, can you check if it's in your spam folder, mark it as not spam,
and add me to contacts?

(Yes, there is probably some Google manager who has an OKR* for getting
a few more small mail server postmasters to give up and switch to
Gmail...but I'm not going to let them win this one, not today)