[conspire] Meanwhile, in birdland (was: Anyone here looking for a s/w job?)

paulz at ieee.org paulz at ieee.org
Fri Dec 9 09:07:45 PST 2022

 Some combination of those scenarios will likely happen.  But I think the biggest threat is referenced in the last paragraph:

skeleton crew without sufficient time for a transfer of tribal knowledge is a recipe for disaster.

Long ago I read a book about starting a small business.  One chapter was titled, "Don't Pluck Feathers From the Eagle".  If some lowly clerk at city hall gets annoyed with you, they can bring the power of the government to make life miserable.

I don't expect the building inspector to red tag the building, but he does have that ability and can consult with the city legal department to make sure his orders are correct.
    On Thursday, December 8, 2022 at 10:22:30 PM PST, Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:

 Quoting Nick Moffitt (nick at zork.net):

> In short, a SysAdmin/SRE with a moderate amount of experience in the
> industry[...]
> https://threadreaderapp.com/thread/1593541177965678592.html [...]
> But the thing about this thread is that the sound you hear is a
> thousand printers warming up their infusers around the world: everyone
> is printing this thread out as supporting evidence.

FYI:

PDFing (what the birdsite's cruddy Javascript nature renders the only
_immediately_ practical means of archiving a thread) being IMO
inadequate & unacceptable, I manually HTML5'd said thread, here:
http://linuxmafia.com/~rick/twitter/mosquitocapital.html

...and keep that page listed as "Mosquito Capital's Doom List" on
http://linuxmafia.com/kb/Admin/ .