[conspire] (forw) Re: [Golugtech] Fw: [Alpine-info] O365 XOAUTH2 via fetchmail

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sat Apr 23 19:14:48 PDT 2022

Quoting Akkana Peck (akkana at shallowsky.com):

> If I try to view https://groups.google.com/g/lwvus4healthreform I see
> "You don't have permission to access this content.  For access, try
> logging in". If I try to view
> https://groups.google.com/a/losalamosnature.org/g/birders I get
> "Content unavailable, Click here to try again.  If you've seen this
> page more than once, try switching accounts." (No idea why they give
> two different errors.)

Yeah, I was _guessing_ you meant groups with member-only archives
-- and meant to add that.  (Sorry.)

I veguely recall that the way you deal with that is create a Google
Account that is tied _not_ to a Gmail address but rather to one's own
non-Google address.  Then, you will be able to view the member-only
archives if you do Web login to that Google Account, thereby setting the
necessary HTTP cookie.