[conspire] Living on clouds one through nine

Syeed Ali syeedali at syeedali.com
Fri Apr 8 17:46:57 PDT 2022

On Thu, 7 Apr 2022 11:20:08 -0700

> And, even when one of those outsourced offerings swears up and down
> that there is "end-to-end encryption" (hence no possibility of
> man-in-the-middle hijinks), often the reality is that that is not
> the case.

There are many things between the free wills of two thinkers.

I think of the various bits of hardware, firmware, software etc. on
both ends as being "in the middle".

Jamie Zawinski write:
https://www.jwz.org/blog/2018/06/lol-github/

>    So MICROS~1 bought Github and everybody's freaking out right now
>    trying to re-host their projects on someone else's service.

In case people are naive about being able to delete their stuff, it's
been backed up:

https://archiveprogram.github.com/arctic-vault/