[conspire] Living on clouds one through nine

Don Marti dmarti at zgp.org
Fri Apr 8 07:32:22 PDT 2022

begin Rick Moen quotation of Thu, Apr 07, 2022 at 11:20:08AM -0700:

> https://www.grc.com/sn/sn-308.htm
>
> Growing up in the era of J. Edgar Hoover, I always bore in mind that you
> should never say something on the telephone that you would mind very
> much appearing on the front page of the _New York Times_,  VoIP in
> general, and certainly Skype in particular, merely continue that long
> tradition.

Somehow this is supposed to get covered by an agreement with the European
Union.  Not sure how, since the last two agreements didn't end up
being legal on the European side.

  https://techcrunch.com/2022/02/24/no-schrems-iii-pls/

Hard to make the same systems accomodate both court-ordered wiretaps
and surveillance marketing, but they keep trying.

--
Don Marti <dmarti at zgp.org>
https://blog.zgp.org/