[conspire] More messing around with NAS hardware

Mike Higashi mhigashi at gmail.com
Sun Sep 26 08:10:54 PDT 2021

On Sat, Sep 25, 2021, 10:13 PM Rick Moen <rick at linuxmafia.com> wrote:

> This thingie seems a thing of beauty.
> https://www.amazon.com/dp/B019FN6D3K/
>
> SilverStone Technology SST-CS01S system case.
> o  accepts mini-ITX motherboard
> o  includes bottom-mounted, 120mm (large, hence not noisy)
>    fan pushing air upwards
> o  can house two 3.5" drives
> o  case dimensions: 12.68" (H) x 8.29" (W) x 8.27" (D)
> o  accepts PSU type "SFX-L"
> o  CPU cooler size limit: 68mm
> o  size limit for (1) expansion card:  7.5" x 2.95"
> $125
>
> Or, the same model sourced from NewEgg, in black:
>
> https://www.newegg.com/black-silverstone-case-storage-series-mini-itx/p/N82E16811163373
> $205

The reason the black one on NewEgg is more expensive is that it's a
slightly different model, the SST-CS01B-HS, "HS" for "hot-swap". It has six
2.5" hot-swap bays, and no 3.5" bays. (NewEgg seems to be rather spare with
specs about this model, I found out about that on Amazon.)

SilverStone's website lists a CS01B, a black version with the two 3.5"
bays, but that model just won't come up for me on Amazon, only the
CS01B-HS. ($193)

Also dreaming,
Mike