[conspire] Release notes

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sun Sep 26 02:27:59 PDT 2021

Deirdre retweeted (@gruber's retweet of) this from @Poolsuite:

   Okay I'll put my hands up; the app started
   breaking this week, and it's *entirely* my fault.
   We knew essential updates were required at
   the mojito-cooled ServerSuite in Miami. Lewis,
   Nick & Ryan worked diligently and produced
   me a stack of 8 floppy discs inside a gold
   Rimowa Attaché briefcase, which I placed
   carefully in the velour-lined trunk of our
   poolwater teal 1987 Lotus Esprit Turbo. But
   here's the thing. As I'm driving down Ocean
   Drive, I see the Poolsuite corporate jet flying
   overhead; a promotional banner flying behind -
   those damn Vacation boys took the jet again!
   Do they know how much that thing costs to fly
   an hour? Do they know they can hire a regular
   banner plane for $500? Lach's flying the thing
   and hasn't renewed his licence in 12 years! On
   second thought; I'm pretty sure he only had a
   powerboat licence! I'm FLABBERGASTED. I lose
   concentration, the Lotus veers off the road, flips
   7 times through the air and somehow lands in
   the Versace mansion pool. I climb out of the
   car, walk calmly out of the pool and order a
   Peach Bellini at the nearest table. Everyone
   cheers. I'm fine; the floppy disks are not. Whilst
   that briefcase shuts tight it was no match for
   the powerful chlorine of that pool. So that's
   why we couldn't make the updates in time, and
   that's why tracks weren't playing properly. I'm
   truly sorry for interrupting your leisure time,
   and hope you can find it in your heart to forgive
   me this time.

This was evidently a _real_ set of release notes for the Poolsuite music
app (for MacOS and smartphones).

John Gruber (@gruber) found said release notes somewhere and tweeted a
screenshot with the comment:

  24 Sep
  Fuck you and your App Store release notes that never say anything more
  than “The latest version includes bug fixes and performance
  improvements.”

  @Poolsuite
  does release notes right.

They do seem like fun people with a certain sense of style.
https://twitter.com/Poolsuite
https://poolsuite.net/