[conspire] computer security

Ivan Sergio Borgonovo mail at webthatworks.it
Sun Mar 7 04:15:36 PST 2021

On 3/6/21 23:22, Rick Moen wrote:

> My point:  It's evident that this guy who founded an anti-virus /
> computer security company really doesn't understand the basics of that
> topic.
>
> Anyone who's studied the topic in detail is going to arrive at the
> conclusion that the way to not be harmed by remotely sited programs is
> to make sure you will not execute them, i.e., to exercise adequate
> control over what your computer is willing to run, and run only the
> code you want it to.
>
> The sort of unfocussed paranoia McAfee is quoted as voicing is the mark
> of a rank amateur.  It's been my experience that the anti-virus /
> computer security industry has more than its share of such people,
> that it has a large bushwah quotient.

I recently stumbled into this:

https://www.offensive-security.com/metasploit-unleashed/binary-linux-trojan/

OH REALLY!
If you start installing random software, you risk to get a trojan.
And that proves that "client side attacks and trojans are not exclusive
to the Windows world".

And I bet... that's why even if you're running Linux, you need our training.

--
Ivan Sergio Borgonovo
https://www.webthatworks.it https://www.borgonovo.net