[conspire] Is this list RFC69-compliant?

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Mon Jun 7 10:01:06 PDT 2021

Quoting Nick Moffitt (nick at zork.net):

> In the early days of the ARPANet, the RFCs were managed as a series of
> paper memos sent to all participants in the project.  They were typed
> up or mimeographed, and sent via inter-departmental and US Postal
> mail.  Sometimes this distribution list needed to be updated.
>
> So how, then, would a staff change at MIT be handled for the RFC
> distribution process, in 1970?
>
> Simple: by the equivalent of shouting "UNSUBSCRIBE" at all recipients
> of a mailing list.
>
> I hereby reproduce all of RFC69 in its entirety, below:

This Mr. Bhushan had provided (via Steve Crocker) an equally
standards-compliant subscription request a year earlier, embodied in
RFC16:

---<begin>---

Network Working Group                                    Steve Crocker
Request for Comments:  16                                27 August 1969

                                 M.I.T.

M.I.T. is now to receive all Network Working Group memos.  Memos should
be addressed to:

                         Abhai Bhushan
                         Room 807 - Project MAC
                         545 Technology Square
                         Cambridge, Mass. 02139

Abhai's phone is (617) 864-6900, X 5857.

These academics: So flighty.