[conspire] How bad COVID is in LA right now

Nick Moffitt nick at zork.net
Sat Jan 30 15:54:07 PST 2021

On 29Jan2021 10:30pm (-0800), Deirdre Saoirse Moen wrote:
> This was recorded yesterday (as I write this), and it’s hard to watch.
>
> It’s from Caitlin Doughty’s Youtube channel, Ask a Mortician.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdpSgEQKVNE <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdpSgEQKVNE>
>
> You can tell… *she’s* really having a hard time with things, and having watched a few of her videos over the years, that’s not at all typical.
>
> There are some interesting public policy issues that she raises.

Hidden under her frustration must be the understanding that this very much WAS the plan.  The DoD has all sorts of authorisations and contingency plans for exactly these sorts of disasters, mostly formed during Civil Defence minded post-WW2 times.

This is very much something Biden has the authority to enact *now*, and it's going to be frustrating to sit by and watch him not do it...until he does?