[conspire] How bad COVID is in LA right now

Rick Moen rick at linuxmafia.com
Sat Jan 30 14:30:01 PST 2021

Quoting Dire Red (deirdre at deirdre.net):

> This was recorded yesterday (as I write this), and it’s hard to watch.
>
> It’s from Caitlin Doughty’s Youtube channel, Ask a Mortician.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QdpSgEQKVNE
>
> You can tell… *she’s* really having a hard time with things, and
> having watched a few of her videos over the years, that’s not at all
> typical.
>
> There are some interesting public policy issues that she raises.

I concur in recommending this.

Make sure you catch the kicker at the end.  That facial expression
speaks volumes -- that she shows in response to the sudden announcement
where Newsom lifted California's regional stay-at-home order, while the
post-Thanksgiving surge remains an out-of-control wildfire (especially
in LA, where she is), and while more-infectious strains have started to
circulate.