[conspire] Bash -- move fast and break things

rogerchrisman at gmail.com rogerchrisman at gmail.com
Mon Jan 25 14:35:11 PST 2021

(More)

Aha!

$ bash -v
does not give you verbose knowledge of the version. No. It, wait,
there is a Man page!
$ man bash
       -v        Print shell input lines as they are read.

I don't even know what that means. I love Man pages. So ancient. So
primordial. If you do 'bash -v' (who would do that?), (would a spider
do that?), if you would, you would find this printed to your terminal
window below the output of every bash command you do thereafter in
that terminal:
printf "\033]0;%s@%s:%s\007" "${USER}" "${HOSTNAME%%.*}" "${PWD/#$HOME/~}"

Or maybe it would be different in your environment.

$ bash --help
shows the bash version and stuff.... next time.

--

Roger *secret Gmail knowledge v*
How to *delete* previous email content from a reply in Gmail (two